About Our Ministry
Stephen Ministers are committed Christian people who…
- express God’s care through their lives to others.
- visit another person regularly and dependably and offer Christian support and care (At your request, a Stephen minister can visit with you weekly; listen; offer resources and referrals if needed; pray with you, pray for you; offer Christian love and support in your time of need, grief, or crisis).
- participate in regular support and supervision under the guidance of trained Stephen Leaders.
- are committed to preserving the confidential nature of the caring relationship;
- receive 50 hours of initial training in important caring ministry skills and concepts.
- are commissioned as Stephen Ministers after completing their initial training.
- serve for at least two years.
- receive continuing education and skill building throughout their years of service.
“Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassion.” Colossians 3:12
Stephen Ministry Meets The Needs of People…
There are times when each of us needs the care of another person, a Christian friend, a Stephen Minister! These needs include but are not limited to…
Stephen Ministry is confidential ministry: those receiving care can be sure that their identity and what goes on in the caring relationship will remain private.
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2